Want to save taxes? Buy carrots.

carrotsAs Congress and the White House consider cutting spending and raising taxes, I hope they consider what creative entrepreneurs do when tax rates get too high.

Here’s an example:

When a special sales tax on theater ticket sales were raised to 21%, a theater owner in Spain put on his thinking cap.

He noticed that vegetables at the supermarket were taxed at only 4%, so he began selling vegetables instead of theater tickets. If you buy a bunch of carrots from the theater for $16, you are treated to a free theatrical performance.

Get your carrots here, folks!

2 thoughts on “Want to save taxes? Buy carrots.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for the WIFE.org Newsletter

Get a Free Bumper Sticker!

Scroll to Top