Is Date Night a drain on your finances, with the babysitter, fancy restaurants, theatre tickets, and cab fares?
Here are some ideas for great cheap dates with your honey that will save you lots of cash without skimping on the romance.
- Eat a simple, nutritious dinner at home, and then go out for a truly decadent dessert.
- Pick wildflowers together.
- Go for a bike ride, hike, or run together.
- Pack a picnic lunch and go to the park or the zoo.
- Take a class together in something fun and creative: glass blowing, pottery, drawing, creative writing, or photography.
- Browse in a bookstore together.
- Attend a local high school or college sports game.
- Take a road trip to a nearby town, or even another neighborhood in your own city. Stroll around, talk with locals, have a drink at a local café.
- Read aloud to each other from a favorite novel, poem or short story.
- Attend a theater performance put on by your local college or community group.
- Go to a flea market or garage sale.
- Attend a local lecture on a subject of interest to both of you.
- Send the kids out to someone else’s house and stay in and cook together.
- Have a water balloon fight in the park.
- Go to a playground and play on the swings.